Thursday 18 December 2014

The Massacre of Innocence


"Today I close my eyes

Today I drain out the worldly worries
No more Math, no more Science
Only heaven and its fragrance divine"

.....


I'm shot in my chest, but it isn't hurting
My heartbeat is fading, but I'm still praying
Forgive my mistakes and all the times I teased my mom
All the times I under-performed and let my papa down

I've been one crazy student and have troubled my teachers
But what I wouldn't give to save one of these martyrs
All my training, all these years; they flash before my eyes
Who knew I'd be martyred in my school aisles?

I see my best friend lying stationary there
My teacher, shes's burning! She's inside those flames
My classmates frantically running to save whoever they could
I see my friends become soldiers even before they should

Dear God, You've seen whoever these assassins are
They're wearing their masks but they're unveiled to Your eyes
Their hearts, their brains, their bodies, their hands
The entirety of these cowards roaring through their curtains

You know the culprits who're behind this massacre of innocence
Their thoughts, their plans, their censored filthy missions.
So when You choose to tighten the grip that You've loosened
Please spare their kids, their aged and their women

Cuz I have read that our Prophet (SAW) warned us in their regard
Never to harm the innocent even amidst the wildest war
Whether Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists or Jews
Women, kids and elderly are to be kept safe and secure

Oh but tonight, Ya Allah! Your Heaven will be crowded
And although I'm grateful that this worldly life ended
Please ease the pain of my parents and beloved
Please heal the ones who've been mercilessly wounded

No comments:

Post a Comment